Or: Everything I hated about my old place.
I moved into a new apartment on Monday. I’m still getting settled and I have most, but not everything, unpacked. Here are all the things I love about it.
- Queen bed (okay I bought that separate)
- Central air
- With a thermostat that actually works
- Brand new carpet laid the day I moved in
- Water that actually heats up
- Cold water that is actually cold
- Actual water pressure in the shower
- Quiet neighbors
- Neighbors who don’t smoke
- A kitchen that doesn’t smell like smoke because the neighbors are smoking
- An oven that doesn’t set the fire alarm off whenever I use it
- In-unit washer and dryer
- I have a linen closet!
- And a balcony
- A carport and it’s free!
- All the outlets work
- The parking spots are actually wide enough to fit actual cars
- The blinds aren’t broken and have all their slats
- And I can see out the windows
- Because they are sealed properly
- So there is no condensation clouding them at all times
- Work orders exist
- And the management speaks English
All-in-all, living there has been a pretty good time. I have to go back to my old place on Saturday to clean and then I will officially be able to wash my hands of it.
Such excitement. Much luxury. Wow.