Well, a week and a half into break and I’m officially grasping at straws for something to do. It’s not that I don’t have anything to do–I’ve been meaning to redesign my portfolio since the summer–but I never seem to want to do the things I think of at the time I think of them. Lost you yet?
I have resorted to reading. I do like reading, but I never have time to read for fun during the school year, so I guess I try not to start any books because I only have time for so much. I’ve reached that point during break though where I need SOMETHING ANYTHING to do, so I gathered up some books to read/reread…
I’m going to have a go at getting through as many of these as I can before classes start again on January 9th:
- Reread The Hobbit – I’ve started this one already and read the first 45 pages
- Reread The Lord of the Rings – all three
- Reread Wuthering Heights – I read this in sixth grade and remember exactly none of it
- Read Jane Eyre
- Read 1984 – I feel like everyone in the world has read this book except for me
- Read All the President’s Men – this book kept coming up in the game of Trivial Pursuit my mom and I were playing, so I decided to read it since she does own it
Hefty list, I know, and I probably won’t get through more than two of them, but WE SHALL SEE.
I’m off to read more of The Hobbit now before bed. What are you reading right now? Anything? Do you read? Are you bored? Help me be un-bored! I don’t even feel like playing Xbox.